Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fleeing from anxiety.




As I sit here to write this post I have realized that it is only 4 weeks until I go home. I'm not even sure how to even begin to process this.

These past few weeks have been such a growing period for me. God has been teaching me a lot about just being still, being present, and not becoming anxious about the future. What a relief it is everyday to wake up and know that I don't have to worry about what is to happen. I don't have to worry about what I will do when I get home. As long as we are seeking Christ throughout our day, then we have done what we are suppose to. We don't have to fret about our plans, because it is only HIS plan that is important and he will lead us through it. 

:: But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.::
 Matthew 6: 33-34

:: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus::
Phillipians 4:6-7

________________________________________________________________________________

We are now into week three of our bible study with the kids. It has really been a continual encouragement to see how well it has been going. Everyday the seats are full and the kids are eager to hear the story. This past weekend they kept begging me for a new memory verse. By the time Monday came around they were all ears waiting to hear what the verse would be. 

I just continue to pray as new patients are coming in that this study will continue to be an encouragement to the kids. Especially as we have many kids coming from the north soon and have no translator for them. I just pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to speak through us. 

This weeks verse (after learning about the birth of Jesus):

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever! 
Hebrews 13:8

Jesu Kristo yomu jo, leero nemirembe gyonna

Moses with his picture from last weeks study of Joseph.

Just a typical afternoon.

The kids love having dance parties on the veranda.

Patience. One of my youngest students!

Me with the girls! Catherine has finally been able to leave the bed!

Luke and the boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment