Monday, July 29, 2013

Made it to Uganda..



42.5 hours later, I have made it safely to Uganda…well not without a few hiccups. The morning leaving Dubai I got all the way to the airport when I realized I had left my laptop at the hotel. I scurried back through traffic and hopped back onto the shuttle before it took off again and headed back to the hotel. Luckily they had my laptop where I had left and I just barely made it back in time for the shuttle back to the airport. All I can say is …. God is good. 

I arrived into Uganda at about 1:00 and sat in line for my visa till about 2:00 but everything went smoothly. My luggage arrived, I found my taxi driver, and I got 2 hours of sleeping/settling in to the hotel before the team arrived. 

It was nice to see some familiar faces from the team that has been here since early June and to meet my future roommates. At this point I am really exhausted, missing home a bit, missing Neil, but excited to get to my new "home" and settled in there.



No comments:

Post a Comment