Friday, December 20, 2013

Blessings.


Days like today are the days I will miss the most. Did anything spectacular or out of the ordinary happen? No, and it doesn't have to happen. My day only consisted of mundane tasks that everyone has to do. Cleaning, washing, cooking, etc. But because I was surrounded by this community for it all,  it made the day perfect. The evening spent with everyone around the burner eating maize. Me spitting out my little luganda I know and the mothers bursting with laughter. The kids huddle together in the corner planning what their next mischievous trick on me will be. The new little boy sitting near by observing everyone with the biggest smile on his face. The weather is the perfect kind of chilly. We can hear the music coming from the nearby village church. Everyone is enjoying themselves. These are the days I will miss the most. 

It amazes me how God can bless us in such simple ways, and for the most part we don't recognize the tiny blessings he gives us daily.  Let's open up our eyes to the mini-blessings we receive everyday. Look for him in everything and everywhere and you will be amazed at how he is ALWAYS at work in your day.

Later everyone will come over for a movie. It will be the perfect ending to the day. As long as the power decides to stay on!


I made a quick trip to GSF to see these lovely ones! (Tom)

Sam!

Back at Acheru with my girls!


I also had a short visit from some of my older GSF friends. (Sharon, Solome, Barbara and not pictured: Ruthie)

No comments:

Post a Comment