Saturday, March 16, 2013

One of those kind of weeks..


Not a day goes by when I don't think of my time in Uganda. Some weeks are harder then others. This has been one of those harder weeks. Every night I find myself looking at my photos and missing these precious kids even more. Missing my daily trip to house 4a and hearing the squeals of those little boys as I walk into their house to say good morning. Missing my morning routine of sitting with Tom on the veranda as he pulls apart the grass, not knowing why he does but trusting that in this he finds joy. Missing the walk to school with Mark talking about what his morning was like and what we expect school to be like. Missing the afternoons spent on the vernada talking with the aunties and Joseph. Missing Moses following us around telling us to sit "here" and "here" and "here". 

I look forward to that day in August when my feet touch the Uganda soil again. I look forward to the day when I will see the red dirt roads ahead and the green of the sugar cane fields to the side, and hear either "mzungu" or "Auntie Emioooly" coming from the children who are running full speed ahead into my arms. 

I wait patiently with my arms wide open. Waiting to see where the Lord will lead me. Hoping that this path leads me back into this land where joy is found in the most unlikely places. Hoping that this path leads me into my home away from home. 

Everyday when I come home from work, I am reminded of how blessed I am. How blessed I am to be supported by such loving people. Thank you. Thank you to everyone who is and has been supporting me through prayer or financially for the last two years.

If you would like to know more about my trip and would like to support please email me at ebwatkin2@gmail.com for more information. 

Moses and Joseph

Mark and Kenny 

My hosue 4a boys on my Solomon's birthday.

My morning buddy, Tom

Birthday love from Auntie Marjorie

Two of my three boys. Solomon and Emma. My heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment